YELLOW CARD POLICY 08/09/2016
This policy formalises how Fareham Hockey Club deals with players who receive multiple yellow cards.
This policy applies to all sections of the Club (Men’s and Ladies Senior, and Boys and Girls Junior sections) and extends to all players representing Fareham Hockey Club.
Any Yellow cards awarded to a Junior player representing either Junior or Senior sections, will count accumulatively.
Our policy follows a similar format to the Men’s National League system.
1. All Fareham players will be subject to incremental match suspensions for yellow cards an individual accrues throughout the season. Team captains or team managers will report yellow cards to the Discipline Officer either directly or via the Playing Group Leader within 7 days of the card being awarded. The responsibility of applying suspensions rests with the Playing Group and Discipline Officer.
2. 4 Yellow cards in a season = 1 match suspension.
3. 2 further yellow cards in the same season = 1 further match suspension.
4. 2 further yellow cards in the same season = 1 further match suspension.
5. For each further yellow card thereafter in the same season = 1 further match suspension.
6. Any match suspension imposed as a consequence of this Regulation shall take effect on the next FHC match following the match in which the yellow card was issued.
7. Yellow Cards received and suspensions incurred shall only be applicable for the current season but will at the club’s discretion or in exceptional circumstances carry through to the succeeding season.
8. Any Technical red card awarded (2 Yellow cards for the same offence), where an automatic 16 day suspension is not imposed will be counted as 2 Yellow cards.
All playing members of Fareham Hockey Club must comply with the following charter:
As a Fareham Hockey Club player I will…
1. Be responsible for timely notification to my team captains/managers of my upcoming availability at least 2 weeks in advance to time.
2. Be responsible for the timely payment of my membership fees and timely payment of all playing fees, training fees and associated costs.
3. Be responsible for having the correct and safe playing equipment for the safe playing of hockey (clothing, sticks, footwear, etc).
4. Be responsible on match day for;
• My correct time of arrival at the pitch-side.
• Having a polite and courteous behavior to my opposition and umpires.
• Bringing an alternate change of kit to my match.
• For returning to the clubhouse after my match and hosting the opposition.
5. Be responsible for my personal discipline on and off the pitch at any venue including ensuring that if the need to use toilet facilities before, during or after the a games arises I will leave the playing area and use the appropriate facilities.
6. Treating the playing facilities with respect and not undertaking in activities that might be offensive.
7. 'Be Responsible when using all forms of Social Media and respect the dignity and privacy of other people both within and outside the club. Please do not post comments that are likely to cause offence and or upset
8. Undertake ad-hoc. club duties as requested by my team captain/manager.
9. Support club events for the further benefit of our club.